If you want to make a website for kids you need your theme to pop with eye-catching designs and colors. You also need to appeal to a young tech-savvy audience’s short attention span and need for instant gratification in the form of fast-loading web pages. There are website-building platforms that can provide you with the tools you need to make your website for kids. Using these site builders is so easy that even your kids could make their own website!
Top Website Builder for Kids Websites
Wix is a reliable leader in the website building field. It provides design flexibility, vibrant visual elements, and colorful patterns. Wix will give you a slick, professional-looking site for kids and the visual content creation tool will make sure kids are mesmerized. You can choose between creating your kid’s website using WixADI where you’re presented with the best design for your site based on answers to a few short questions. Or WixEditor where you have control over customizing your site using the intuitive drag-and-drop process. Once you’ve chosen your template it cannot be changed without losing all of your work. If you’re building a kid’s website with lots of visual content, then you should be aware of Wix’s data limitations for some of the payment plans.
- More than 500 industry-specific themes. Among the many ready-to-use templates are several educational theme templates.
- Cost: $0-$24.50 per month.
- eCommerce option.
- Free Domain.
- The support service is not as good as other site builders.
uCoz offers the option to create a personal, business, or custom website. You can choose to create your website with the drag-and-drop feature or to use your coding skills. If you are a complete newbie you can still make a kids website using uCoz. The site builder uses a module structure, so all you have to do is choose the modules you want. In addition to standard website features, uCoz offers easy-to-make online boards, digital photo albums, custom forms, and calculators. The main advantage of uCoz is the range of customization that is possible. The disadvantage is that it may take time to figure out if you are new to the world of website creation. Unlike Wix, if you change your mind you can switch templates without losing your content.
- There are easy-to-use extensive eCommerce solutions.
- Experienced coders have control over the HTML and CSS of their kid’s website.
- There are over 250 templates divided into niche categories.
- Cost: $0-$15.99 per month. The free plan comes with 400MB storage and a PDA mobile version but no free domain.
- Ucoz provides support via a ticketing system that responds within 48 hours. For free plans, support is only for technical issues. If you want premium ticketing support it will cost you extra. There is no live chat or phone support.
You can make a kid’s website with this popular website builder even if you have no previous experience. Unlike Wix, there is no ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). If you have coding experience, you can edit loaded templates, and place elements on your webpage using HTML code. Weebly has a responsive design and social media integration. To keep things interesting for your young audience, Weebly templates are interchangeable. Connect online services from more than 300 applications. Weebly offers a vibrant photo library and you can add a photo gallery and slideshows when building kids’ websites.
- With each template, you have a choice of 5-10 color schemes. Weebly has several eye-catching kid-friendly themes like Rocking Horse and Slick.
- Cost: $0-$39.95
- Build kids’ websites with attractive Video backgrounds.
- Sell from your Weebly site, and import items from Etsy, CSV files, or Shopify. Weebly has an integrated shopping cart, secure checkout, and inventory tracker.
- Weebly Education is specifically for teachers who can sign up each of their students and give each student a site under the teacher’s account.
- Contact the support team by opening a support ticket, email, live chat, or phone.
As the world’s leading free open-source website builder and Content Management System, WordPress is the best option if you want extensive features, and if you’re willing to learn. However, if you’re making a simple kids site, you probably don’t need the myriad of options offered on WordPress. It is a one-stop all-in-one platform to make your website for kids. Customize your kid’s site using WordPress’s block editor system, adding “blocks” of content – text, images, video, titles, etc. Or if you have coding knowledge, work with CSS and PHP in WordPress’s integrated code editor. WordPress offers eCommerce solutions, an extensive image library, and endless plugins, including Elementor, a website builder plugin that can make building a kid’s website child’s play. WordPress is constantly evolving, and providing the latest new technology to website owners.
- WordPress.org : If you’re making a professional kids’ website, if your kids’ website will be a business, an eCommerce site, or monetized, choose WordPress.org. You’ll have control of your site, but more responsibility. WordPress.org does not provide a free domain or hosting. The best and most popular solution is to use a WordPress optimized hosting provider like Bluehost.
- WordPress.com : The simpler version of WordPress is free, easy to set up, and easy to customize. You can’t upload custom themes, plugins, modify PHP code, or monetize your site, but you won’t need to pay for separate hosting. There is a paid WordPress.com plan that gives you more options.
- Use WordPress’s thousands of free templates which are integrated and available online.
- WordPress has a wide range of plugins but you can also download plugins from elsewhere online.
- Find solutions to problems through the thriving online community forum, guides, and videos. However, there is little to no official support.
- Cost: $0-$65 per month.
How to Make a Website for Kids
First, you need to come up with a winning concept. Next, choose one of the listed kids’ website builders. Even if your budget is limited there are free website builders for kids. With the tools provided by these top website builders for kids sites, you can make a site that draws younger viewers in with its dazzling designs, and keeps them eager for more. What are you waiting for? Everything you need to build your dream kid’s website can be found on these website building platforms.